Summertime eating is all about fresh and light fare. Here is an easy meal to prepared in less than 20 minutes and is perfect for those “Meatless Monday Meals”. Enjoy!
PREP TIME: 5 Minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 Minutes
TOTAL TIME: 20 Minutes
2 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
1 pound button or wild mushrooms (i.e. porcini, cremini,
Shitake and oyster) stems removed and chopped
1/4 cup white wine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
24 small (1/2 inch thick) slices country style bread (i.e..
ciabatta, French, Italian, focaccia), cut into triangles, toasted
1/4 pound provolone cheese, thinly sliced into strips
1/4 pound Havarti cheese, thinly sliced into strips
2 Tablespoon fresh Italian parsley, chopped
1/2 teaspoon fresh basil, chopped
1/8 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Toast the bread until golden brown and remove from the oven and set aside.
2. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
3. Saute onions, until translucent.
4. Add chopped mushrooms and saute 3-4 minutes.
5. Add wine and increase heat to high and cook stirring until liquid has evaporated (5 minutes).
6. Add thyme, salt and pepper.
7. Add cheese to the skillet and stir until slightly melted.
8. To serve, top each slice of bread with mushroom and cheese mixture. Sprinkle with parsley and basil.
You must be logged in to post a comment.